Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playing Catch-Up


Have you ever experienced the game of Catch-up? Not to be confused with the game of Playing Catch...you know, the leisurely game of throwing a ball back and forth in your front lawn on a sunny Spring day. No, this is not that game.

Playing Catch-Up is often so fittingly referred to the game of life. We do it every day. We catch-up on sleep, time, laundry, dishes, reading, TV, homework, bills, with friends...etc. It seems to be a struggle we all face as we try to catch-up on all the things we didn't have time to do in a 24-hour period.

Do we ever think about catching-up on relaxing and taking a breather? It can be one of the hardest things to accomplish. How exactly is this done in the real world when time doesn't stop for anything?

I don't have the answer for that one, however, if I had my choice, I would rather head out with a couple of gloves and a baseball and enjoy catching-up on not catching-up. The dishes can wait. So can the laundry. Even the bills can sit on my desk for another hour as I take a moment to remember the more important things in life. I can worry about all that other stuff later when I kick off my shoes and throw the ball and mitts in the closet.

But for now, the only thing I'm gonna do, is Play Catch.

No comments: