Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving!

The day when family and friends gather around a lavish spread of turkey, stuffing, yams, greens, pies and cobblers. This is the day when loved ones congregate to stuff themselves with good food and even better company. But more importantly, it's the day we give thanks. I, for one, have much to give thanks for.

My health, children, husband, shelter, warmth, running vehicles...

Chocolate.

Although these examples are sufficient of the many ways I feel I am fortunate, I have one thing that I am the most grateful for...

My marriage.


This December Jedbot and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. An anniversary that we, as a couple, almost didn't make it to.

Life is hard.

Marriage is even harder.

Many months were spent questioning the strength of our union, and we faced struggles that seemed too difficult to endure. We DID endure! We made it through all of the messes we made and came together stronger than ever.

This past year is one that I NEVER want to experience again. And although I say that now, I KNOW that it was crucial to the success of our marriage.

I love my husband. I love him, I love him, I love him.

So this year, as Thanksgiving approaches and I am reminded of all the wonderful things I am fortunate to have, the one gift I will cling tightly to, is the love I have for the man by my side.


No comments: